I don’t do very many posts on skincare, at least… not as many as I wish I could find the time to do. There’s so many do-it-yourself ideas I’ve seen over the years that would be great to write about… especially for teen girls to start doing. I think of beauty – a woman’s beauty – as her being a good steward over her countenance (face and the spirit of joy behind her face that shines forth), and her “crowning glory” as the Bible calls it – her hair!
“Doesn’t nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory?
For long hair is given to her as a covering.”
1 Cor. 11:15
I do think beauty is important – whether married or single, beauty is something I believe every woman has a deep deep desire to give or bring to the world. ❤
And with skincare, to me the goal should be making your skin look so healthy, that you don’t hardly need makeup at all. Obviously I’m totally ok with makeup – I wear it almost everyday. But lately, after using only 3 new products I’ve tried out this past month I wrote about here, I’ve actually been forgetting to put any makeup on at all! I almost can’t tell the difference when seeing my face as to whether or not I have my foundation and concealer on, and so I just forget!
This NEVER used to happen to me! I always felt like I had to wear my makeup, almost as part of the grooming process before being “presentable.” So this… feeling good enough in my skin to the point where I totally forget to even put it on – I’m either getting early Alzheimer’s or my skin is looking A LOT better.
Hopefully, it’s the latter LOL 😉
The picture above is without makeup. My skin is nice and even-toned now, it even feels so much smoother than it did just a month earlier before using these products. My little pores have shrunk down. My skin is baby soft again.
Side note–this isn’t a product review per say, and I’m not getting compensated to say these things LOL. I just thought I’d do an update on them though to let y’all know that wow, these 3 simple products really do work.
And since it’s almost the end of the week… I thought it’d be fun to do a questionnaire thing! 🙂
- What is your favorite color? Pink, the shade of ballet shoes.
- What are your favorite hobbies? Dancing, playing with my babies, doing anything together with my husband, exercising, cooking, cleaning (yes – I’m OCD so it’s actually “fun” to me), painting, writing, being in nature, and especially gardening!
- Extrovert or Introvert? Extrovert 100% !! And an optimist. This combination tends to be annoying to some people 😀
- Meyer’s Briggs Type? I always get the “ENFJ-A” (Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging Assertive) or the ENTJ-A (Thinking instead of Feeling). I’m not sure why it changes over the years, but it does. Most bloggers seem to be introverts, so it’s interesting to me that I’ve blogged for so long and yet am an extrovert.
- What is annoying you right now? Wearing my horrible braces – but I’m almost done in a few more months!! They hurt!! It’s been just over a year since I had to get them, but again… almost done! They even change the way my mouth looks lol!
- What’s a daily habit you can’t live without? Um… lots of things. Probably my morning quiet time reading the Bible and talking with God is the first thing. But then also writing in a journal (a planner/journal). I actually go back and re-read prior years’ journals to see how God’s gotten me through rough patches and things.
- What defines you in your life? I always wanted to grow up to be a woman who had a beautiful family and had a garden. A couple of years ago I realized that I’m actually living this, so I wrote it down in my journal as something I’m thankful for.
- What do you consider yourself? Texan. 😀
- Parents married or divorced? Married 40 years!!
- How many kids do you have? 3 right now
- Do you want more kids? My husband wants us to stop at 4 🙂 For me… I could literally keep on making babies with him until we had 20 or something. I hate pregnancy and being pregnant, but I love carrying his babies inside me and knowing we’re growing our family. I never knew it would feel this joyful.
- Length of marriage? 10 1/2 years ❤
- Schooling/education or training? Bachelor’s of Science in Biology with just one year short of a double major in Chemistry
- What kind of student were you growing up and in college? Sometimes straight A’s, sometimes a few B’s. I ended up graduating Magna Cum Laude and that was after giving birth my senior year, which was hard. I remember being a little disappointed I missed Cum Laude (the higher honors), but considering I was a married student with a baby lol, I was ok.
- Favorite thing you own? My socks. lol Seriously though!! I find a ton of value in the little things like that!
Back to skincare… what do y’all use that you feel has really helped your face brighten up or become softer or smoother? I’m actually amazed that retinol is working this well for me.