No make-up, fresh skin, that’s wearable in the early mornings of Fall and Winter, is something that I used to not be able to do. Summer skin seems to retain more moisture and oil naturally, making going make-up free almost preferable. Who wants their makeup sliding off in the heat? But with the dry, cracked, or acne-prone skin of Winter? It’s a whole different ball-game!
As I’m getting nearer and nearer to being in my 30’s, I am embracing the peacefulness of feeling literally more comfortable in my bare-faced skin. I love it! ❤ I love the minimalist approach.
Of course, there are things I do though, that help me to feel this confident when make-up free. Here are some things I’ve done over the years that have been proven to create skin that doesn’t need makeup.
Fall & Winter Skin Care Tips
- Wash face with cleansing wash or basic face soap every day, I wash in the morning and at night
- Wash with a specifically gentle exfoliant once every day. I currently use a giant bottle of The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash by Philosophy. It’s the 32 oz, and lasts for about a year.
- Use a thick, anti-oxidant rich moisturizer or even a basic oil (Castor Oil works like a dream and is extremely inexpensive) to sleep in at night. Only use the oil a couple of times a week.
- Take Omega 3 Fish Oil capsules to repair skin from the inside-out during the dryness of Winter, this also benefits your hair, making it grow faster than normal.
- Get enough sleep! It’s amazing to me, how much our bodies repair even minuscule damage done each and every day by free radicals that affect how we age. If we don’t get enough sleep, our bodies literally do not have enough time to repair all the damage accrued in the day. Sleep is one of the best anti-aging secrets then, and you really can’t make-up for lost sleep during the week, by trying to sleep extra hours over the weekend. Our bodies just don’t work like that. Get enough sleep each night, and wake up to healthy, beautiful, glowing skin.