From The Peaceful Wife… Biblical Submission is NOT…
There seems to be so much confusion around the concept of biblical submission for wives. I’d like to discuss today something that biblical submission is not because a number of women think they hear me say that biblical submission means passivity:
- I shouldn’t ever say how I feel or what I want.
- I should have no opinions.
- I should never disagree with my husband.
- I should never share my insights, perspective, wisdom, or concerns with my husband.
- I should be quiet all the time.
- I should smile all the time.
- I should let my husband decide everything in our marriage without any input from me whatsoever.
I am completely heartbroken to think that ANY wife would ever live like this!
This is not biblical submission. For a wife to give up all of her ideas, her personality, her influence, her identity, her personhood, her ideas, her emotions…
View original post 1,394 more words